I lost my C1 licence category after I turned 70. Can I get this restored?

I turned 70 in 2017 and renewed my driving licence by post as I wanted to retain my C1 category to drive a 7.5-tonne horsebox. However, for some reason, I no longer have the C1 on my licence. Can I have this restored? How do I go about getting it restored? Thank you.

Asked on 15 September 2020 by Bill Adams

If you passed your driving test before 1997, you automatically obtained the C1 licence category - but when you reach 70 or over you need to undertake a D4 medical exam to renew your C1 licence to drive motorhomes and other vehicles over 3.5 tonnes.