I lost my C1 licence category after I turned 70. Can I get this restored?

I turned 70 in 2017 and renewed my driving licence by post as I wanted to retain my C1 category to drive a 7.5-tonne horsebox. However, for some reason, I no longer have the C1 on my licence. Can I have this restored? How do I go about getting it restored? Thank you.

Asked on 15 September 2020 by Bill Adams

Answered by Georgia Petrie
If you passed your driving test before 1997, you automatically obtained the C1 licence category - but when you reach 70 or over you need to undertake a D4 medical exam to renew your C1 licence to drive motorhomes and other vehicles over 3.5 tonnes.
Similar questions
When I turned 70 I only got a B+E, I had my C1 and C1+E. I am now 74, can I apply to get my C1+ E reinstated on my driving licence?
Can a twin axle motorhome be driven on a standard UK full licence at 77 years old?
I passed my test whilse in the Military Police many many years ago. I noticed some years back that the Category C1 had disappeared from my licence. Can I ask them to reinstate this ? Do I just contact...