My 2017 MG has excessive pitting on the rear discs - is this covered under warranty?

When starting my 2017 MG GS from cold the rear pads do not seem to disengage fully resulting in a rubbing/grinding noise until they warm up. I have told I now have excessive pitting on my disks. Can I claim under warranty for this?

Asked on 10 March 2020 by Andrew calver

I think MG will put this down to fair wear and tear. Excessive pitting on the discs are usually caused by the vehicle being parked up for long periods or used for lots of short trips. Over time, surface rust develops on the surface of the discs and causes corrosion that eats into the metal. You might want to consider having the discs cleaned when the vehicle gets its annual service.