I hit a car and the other party wants £500 for repairs, but I can't afford that. What should I do?

I hit a parked car recently. The owner didn't call the police. A week later she brings a receipt from a body shop trying to make me pay her £500 for repairs. I'm on a fixed income. What should I do?

Asked on 28 February 2020 by Amy Reed

Answered by Tim Kelly
You need to put the owner in contact with your insurer.
Tags: insurance
Similar questions
Do you have a list of good car insurers? My premium has just been increased by 20% - which I think is rather unreasonable. No doubt you know of other insurance companies who are not quite so expensive.
A family bought a property nearby and they obviously buy and sell cars from it. I've seen cars from the lot with adverts in the windows and they park them in the high street and drop them back later. They've...
Last Saturday night my daughter and her boyfriend had their house broken into. The thieves took two sets of keys, one for each car parked on the drive. They took his car. The police came round on the Sunday...

Ask Honest John

Value my car