Motor Insurance Bureau cold calling - is this a new telephone scam?

I received a phone call this morning from a mobile number claiming to be from the Motor Insurance Bureau. They knew my name and asked if I or any members of my family had been involved in an accident in the past two years, to which I answered no. I’ve never been involved in a road accident nor claimed on motor insurance. I have recently changed my car but have never had any phone calls like this before. Should I be concerned?

No, they are not the MIB, but a "fake" company. They are trying to create fake claims. The MIB will not phone you. Even more so from a mobile number. Never provide any details over the phone to any company making enquiries. Tell them to write to you, but do not provide your details.