How can I get a Cat S write off removed from my car?

My car is a Cat S write off. How do I get it off the register? All repairs have been done but my insurance quotes are ridiculous so I need it off the register.

Asked on 29 October 2019 by Sara

It will always be on the register - it will never be removed. Having the vehicle as a Cat S should not make any difference what so ever to your quote. Try getting a quote for an identical car without the history, you should find that the quote is the same.

You can try www.autolign.co.uk/ it will remove it from HPI but it will still have a Visual Marker on the V5C document which will be put there by the DVLA. Once with the vehicle, it can never be removed.