Is a dealer obliged to offer a warranty with a used car?

When buying from a recognised large garage are they obliged to offer a warranty of some sort of time. Or is there an age of car limit?

If you buy from any dealer in the business of selling cars then they remain liable for any significant faults that could have been present or developing on date of sale for six months from date of sale. They can offer any length of warranty they want, but it is a first principle of insurance that you cannot insure against an existing fault (you can't insure a burning house against fire), so a warranty insurer can refuse to pay for the repair of any fault deemed to have been present on date of sale and it remains the liability of the dealer. See: www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights/https://w.../