What cold weather tyres do you recommend for driving in Europe?

I need to take my Jag XF AWD once each year to Luxembourg during October. Do I need cold climate tyres and if so which do you recommend? Priorities are comfort and legal.

Asked on 19 September 2019 by Bob Myners

I would go for good all weather tyres and leave them on the car all year round. Continental Allseason Contacts, Michelin Cross Climate, Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons, Pirelli Scorpion Verde all season. Just make sure they have the mountains/snowflake symbol on the sidewall that makes them legal as 'cold weather tyres'.

Check Tyres On The Drive (bit.ly/2ZlEVaR) and Blackcircles.com (bit.ly/2JM6bqG) for sizes and prices and read our Tyre Buying Guide (bit.ly/2wsFHBU)