Do I need to declare a speeding fine from France to my insurers?

I have just received a speeding fine from France. When I come to renew my car insurance and am shopping around for quotes do I need to declare this as it was in another country?

Asked on 18 September 2019 by Neal Jenkins

Answered by Tim Kelly
If you have endorsements placed on your licence, then you have to notify your insurer. A fine does not put endorsements on your licence. Same if you have a driver awareness course in the UK. You only ever need to notify your insurer when a licence is endorsed.
Similar questions
Last year my wife was critically ill in hospital. I visited every day - a 40-mile round trip along unfamiliar roads. Somehow I managed to pick up three 35mph speeding tickets at a point where the limit...
Previous to having a licence or provisional I received penalty points. I didn’t know I had, as I thought you couldn’t receive points without a licence (this was in June 2014). I applied for my provisional...
I was stopped by the police yesterday after my car came up as having no insurance. This was a shock as I have been paying £370 a month on a policy that started just a few months ago (when I passed my test)....

Value my car