If a husband and wife both drive on a single insurance policy - what happens if one of them dies?

In theory, if a husband and wife both drive on the husband's policy for years and the husband dies suddenly, is the wife still covered to drive on the remaining term of the policy?

Asked on 5 August 2019 by John

The contract ends at the point the policy holder dies as there is no longer a valid contract. However, most insurers allow a period after the death where they will insure. Some insurers will continue the policy till expiry.