Does the Volkswagen emissions fix affect the life of catalytic converters?

Is there any evidence or opinion that the Volkswagen emissions fix has affected the life of catalytic converters? Mine has failed on a SEAT Alhambra 2.0 TDI after the fix in 2017. The fan has been running on for some time after driving despite the cold weather. SEAT is pushing back on contributing for a replacement.

If the DPF failed as a "consequence" of the NOx emissions fix and this happened within two years of the fix or a total mileage of 160,000, then VWG will fix the consequential damage.