I bought a used SEAT that I discovered had the emissions fix - can I return it?

I have just bought a 2014 SEAT Alhambra from a franchised dealer. Just after the deal was done I found, on the discovery of a 'complementary Adblue' record (gesture of goodwill following re-map), that the car was one affected and modified following the Volkswagen group emissions scandal. I don't feel that I want the car anymore - surely performance is compromised? It sounds laboured and seems to shift up very late in 'D' (it's a DSG). What can I do?

You cannot reject the car for this reason. The engine's ECU underwent the NOx emissions remap to make it compliant with EC NOx limits, which it wasn't before. VWG has warranted the fix for any issues consequential of it (such as failed injectors, clogged EGR) for two years from the date of the fix and up to 160,000 miles. If you take it to a SEAT dealer to be checked and no faults are found you may be asked to pay for their time.