Does it matter if my son lives at a different address to where his car is registered?

My son recently started work and now rents a flat in London. His car is registered, insured and still kept at home in Bedfordshire where he uses it very occasionally when he comes home. How does he stand insurance wise using a car registered and insured at a different address to where he is primarily living? Of course, he could re-register it and insure it for his London address but it would still be kept in Bedfordshire.

Asked on 11 February 2019 by Greenfield

If the home is the main residence, his council tax is there and that is where the vehicle spends it's life, then he is fine. If however he had the vehicle in London and used it daily, while registered in Bedfordshire, it could be seen as fraud.