I was mis-sold a car that apparently had a warranty - can I reject it for a full refund?

I bought a Mazda in December 2017. It had 10,000 miles on the clock and I paid £16,000. I was sold the car with the remainder of the 21-month manufacturer's warranty, so I had six months left on it. The salesman advised me that in order to keep the warranty valid, the next service was due in September 2018 or at 25,000 miles, whichever came first. I discovered last week that when the previous owner serviced the car, genuine Mazda parts had not been used. I queried it with the dealer where I bought the car, but he cannot tell me one way or another whether the car is still covered by the manufacturer's warranty. Is it the garage's responsibility to ensure that they have carried out the necessary checks on the validity of the warranty? Can I reject the car and ask for a refund because it wasn't sold to me as described?

Check with Mazda if the car is still covered by the Mazda warranty and, if it isn't, reject it. All Mazda serviced are recorded on a central computer system. Your rights are here: www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights

If the dealer refuses to buy the car back then, rather then get involved in a full County Court Case, demand that he pays for the car to be covered by a full warranty, where it is declared to the warranty provider that the car's first service was not carried out to manufacturer standards. If the dealer refuses, take the cost of that to Small Claims in the County Court.