Peugeot 307 - Flickering oil light, changed oil pressure switch - JJR0308

Hello

We recently became the owners of a peugeot 307, the day we got it, it had just been MOT'd, serviced and had a cambelt change.

Shortly after taking it home, we noticed the red oil pressure light was flashing on for a second or so with the STOP sign, when we were slowing down or turning corners. We took it back to the dealership whom said they were sure it was the oil pressure switch, as they could see oil coming out of it.

Had it there today, had a new switch put in, they said there was a fair amount of oil that was seeping out the old one. They said that the light may still come on for half hour or so while the oil works it way through.

Started driving it home, every time I came to a stop, the oil light came on with stop, and remained on, with the car beeping constantly. It did not do this before. In the 45 minutes I drove it back, it must of come on well over a hundred times, it was constant. driving me insane!

How long should I leave it and drive it to give the oil chance to get through the new switch before ringing the dealership back, and should it of got worse with a new switch? I dont want to be impatient.

Thanks

Peugeot 307 - Flickering oil light, changed oil pressure switch - madf

How long should I leave it and drive it to give the oil chance to get through the new switch before ringing the dealership back, and should it of got worse with a new switch? I dont want to be impatient.

It says STOP. WHich means STOP. STOP means, come to a halt, switch off engine. Do NOT drive.. STOP means if you drive you may damage the engine... STOP means the driver who ignores it is resposnsible for any damage because they ignored the STOP sign..

It's undriveable. Just STOP...

Get the garage to TOW it back.

Peugeot 307 - Flickering oil light, changed oil pressure switch - skidpan

Are this garage for real. It takes seconds at most for the pump to circulate oil around the engine, it does not take the time the garage are suggesting.

Hopefully for you its a wiring fault, if not the engine will already have been irreprapbly damaged.

It says STOP on the dash for a good reason, it does not suggest continue driving and lets see if it gets better.

Peugeot 307 - Flickering oil light, changed oil pressure switch - bathtub tom

>>We recently became the owners of

If you bought it from a dealer, the advice here's probably TAKE IT BACK AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK.