1999 1.8 Oil on top of engine cover ? - jp147
I have a UK 1.8 petrol ford focus (79k).

I noticed today that on the top of the engine cover (black top) near the ford badge what looked like a damp patch. I also noticed some oil around the underneath of the rim of the oil cap. I can't see how the patch on the ford badge can be oil because it is not near the rocker cover gasket.

What do you think - could it be from rain that has dried on the engine as I looked underneath the bonnet the other day when it was light rain ?

Edited by jp147 on 29/03/2009 at 20:16