HELP - Legal question my fault - amboy
I have put a deposit of £1000 on a brand new car from a big garage, (not back street) this was 2 days ago.

I have had a rethink due to some bad news I have received the day after.

Does anybody know my position regarding asking for my deposit back.

I never test drove the car at this garage and carried out all transactions over the telephone. (just wondering if distance selling regs apply)?

Any help much appreciated
HELP Legal question my fault - Dwight Van Driver
It would appear that The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regs 2000 (SI 2000/2334) apply in this case;

tinyurl.com/76p6x

of particular interest is Reg 10.

For an easier understanding the go to

www.tinyurl.com/3cfber .

I am only a retired Plod so would suggest before taking any action seek guidance from
you local Trading Standards or C.B. Don't procrastinate get is sorted soonest or 7 days colling off will soon be up.

dvd
HELP - Legal question my fault - martint123
Deposit with Credit Card over the phone?
Yes I paid £1000 over the phone by credit card
HELP - Legal question my fault - RichardW
Surely the old fashioned approach of ringing the dealer, explaining the situation and asking politely if you can have a refund is the way to go; rather than wading in with "you HAVE to give me money back, according to this law"

Just a thought.....
--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
HELP - Legal question my fault - local yokel
Always good to know your rights so that you can then make the phone call without the other party boxing you into a corner that does not exist.
I never intended spouting the law to them, but just wanted to know how I stood, I did speak with consumer direct, they said that I am NOT covered by distance selling as I visited the dealer with my part ex, however the dealer does have to justify if they are to keep hold of any money.

Havel spoken to the sales manager, who said he has to get his head round it and they apparently get fined from the manufacturer if they just cancel an order.

Waiting back to hear from him

Anybody else with advice