Which Barge? - Jason
Morning,

The time is coming to replace my faithful Cavalier V6 with something more modern. I like 6 cylinder cars and as I don't do many miles to worry about fuel and have good no claims bonus to keep the insurance tolerable I fancy another one. That said I don't want to pay the earth maintaining it and it must have 4 or 5 doors. I would prefer if it was R reg or newer which probably excludes German stuff from my budget (up to £7.5K)

I am favouring the Mondeo GhiaX/ST24 but also considering 406 V6. I don't really want another Vauxhall as the servicing cost of the Cavalier have been high and the Vectras that I have driven have been awful, in fact they seem a worse drive than my current car!

Has anyone got any useful advice on any of the above or indeed other cars of a similar ilk that I should be considering.

Thanks very much in advance
from Jason
Re: Which Barge? - Marcus
406 !! with leather interior in metallic red looks very nice !
Re: Which Barge? - pete
Chap at work loves his 406 3 litre coupe
Re: Which Barge? - Andy P
Nissan QX, Toyota Camry, Honda Legend.

Andy
Re: Which Barge? - Trevor Potter
Look at Audi.

I just happen to have a very smart V6 coupe for sale.
1996 BUT only 33k. silver, black leather, air, new tyres, full audi service history, One owner - ME!
Re: Which Barge? - Mark (Brazil)
I rented the ST24 for a week or so last year.

Loved it. Its a bit harsh, especially with torque steer, but I really enjoyed it.
Re: Which Barge? - Mahatma Coate
Mondeo V6 but try the Ghia as it's a bit softer. Only 25mpg though but blow most things away.
Re: Which Barge? - J.Bonington Jagworth
Don't rule out 5-cylinder engines. I used to think they were weird, but I love my Audi one - the sound is the next best thing to a V8...