"Slow Down" LED sign - wonderwheels
On the way to work this morning I was coming towards a 20mph zone,although not actually in it.It was a "School Zone".It was 6:30am and it showed 20 Slow Down,think my speed was around 30mph at the time.I didn't think these limits were in operation at this time.Is this just a "warning".Incidentally I think this is a good idea just a bit concerned that I've been "done" at a time I would class to be outside of the "busy period" i.e children going to school,lunch etc
"Slow Down" LED sign - type's'
I don't think you have been done.
These signs are more of a high intensity warning - if you know what I mean.
As you say a very good idea and when I have seen them I am usually more aware and watch my speed. Obviously very effective.
"Slow Down" LED sign - Cliff Pope
I think these Slow Down signs are just warnings, not actual cameras.
They seem very variable in their sensitivity. The long-standing 40 mph one approaching Aberystwyth triggers at 40.5 mph.
The new 30 mph version on the way out triggers at 25 mph, and ones on the approach to the next two villages trigger even when the car is still in the preceeding 40 zone.
Yet I've seen others that stay blank even when people drive past at nearly 50.
"Slow Down" LED sign - wonderwheels
I think these warnings are a great idea around school zones,especially for people entering an area they are not familiar with.I was just unaware that they operated outwith "busy" periods i.e 06:30. I could completely understand at 08:30 - 09:30, lunchtime and 15:00 - 17:00 for example."now I know!!!"
"Slow Down" LED sign - Baskerville
The school up the road from me opens at 7am and closes at 7pm. It takes kids from 2 years to 11. It offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner. People are coming and going all day. And yes, the school zone signs operate from 6.30am.