Sandtoft Airfield - Roy F. Malt
At the old Sandtoft Airfield on the south side of the M180 between Scunthorpe and Doncaster, there are thousands of vehicles - cars, vans, campers, all various makes and I am always curious when I pass this location. Are they awaiting sale, auctions, export or scrapping? In my road atlas this location is marked as 'Sandtoft Transport Centre' - what is this place and what is happening there?
Many thanks in anticipation
Roy Malt
Re: Sandtoft Airfield - ChrisR
Isn't that where JamJar store their imports? When I drove past there a couple of weeks ago, there were hundreds of MINIs sitting in a field, waiting until "shortages" had driven up interest, and prices...

"Ooooh, I don't think you'll get one of those for six months, mate. Like hen's teeth, they are. But if you don't mind paying for a few more options we can have one to you Tuesday. OK?"

Chris
Re: Sandtoft Airfield - Andrew
Roy

Part of the airfield is storage for imports - not sure of the manufacturer/s.
Part of the airfield is used by I think its Universal Salvage for the storage of accident damaged vehicles. Regular auctions are held on the site.
Do know that Renault import through Goole docks nearby, VAG through Grimsby and BMW through Immingham.There maybe more.
Round the corner on the M18 is the Dixon Group Distribution Centre.

Andrew.