Ford Coolant colours - J1mbo
Hi all,
Topped up with 200ml of water, now just under max mark. However went to top up with antifreeze but noticed its a differant colour! Its a purple colour and the stuff in the tank is orange. The antifreeze I got is in a black bottle and is called Super Premium or something, the standard code on the bottle matches the Ford manual and Haynes but was surprised its not Orange. Got it from the dealer yesterday after asking for Super 2000.

Thanks.
Ford Coolant colours - joe mack
I have the same problem. '99 fiesta. Orange coolant. Owners guide says 50/50 mix of motorcraft super plus 2000 to ford spec wss-m97b44-d. Bought some from a Ford dealer but when I opened it, its purple colour. Its called motorcraft super plus (not 2000) and on the back it does indeed say the same spec wss-m97b44-d.

I didn't use it. The existing coolant (never changed) is still bright orange and when I last had the car serviced the ford dealer said no need to change it if its not discoloured. Owners guide says 10 years change interval. I know some backroomers would advise changing it sooner but I thought it honest? for the dealer to say no need to. After all, its money for them if they just did as I asked.
Ford Coolant colours - trancer
I think that orange stuff is a "lifetime" coolant...never needs changing or something like that. Usually called Dexcool?
Hi, thanks for info, I only wanted it to top up coolant, I've added 200ml to bring it to near max but want to add another 200ml of coolant to keep the strength up. However I don't want to add incorrect coolant if they have changed it.

I've just got the 1L bottle.
Ford Coolant colours - R40
The 'orange' coolant (OAT) is a different type and should not be mixed with others. More info here:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=4&t=28...4

Hi thanks for the info. I will contact the dealer and check I have the right one, however since the codes on the bottle match with the user manual, it would appear that they have changed the colour and name of their OAT coolant from Orange to Purple/Pink.

However I want to confirm this with them.

Thanks all.
Ford Coolant colours - joe mack
J1mbo,

Let us know what they tell you. I'm curious too.

ta
Hi all, I can confirm that two differant dealers have said it IS the CORRECT coolant. Its called "New Super Plus" which is the only one that Ford now do. Compatible with Super 4 and Super 2000.

Another dealer said its correct and that as long as the Spec code is the same, there is no problem regardless of colour. Its 100% ok to mix with the OAT typre Orange coolant.

Hope that clears things up!! In goes the coolant!!
Ford Coolant colours - John24
Mark it down to manufacturers screwing up Joe Public. The amount of chopping and changing of coolant specs. and colours is enough to drive you daft.
Spec is same but bottle, label and colour is not!