crunched - colin
I must have misunderstood. I thought that the plastic "bumpers" they fit these days were supposed to be deformable.

Came back to my nice new motor a few days ago to find that I had been carparked. I guess it must have been a hell of a whack though, as it had split. it means a whole new bumper, metallic paint, lacquer, etc. Thus dearer than straightening one of the old metal ones.
Re: crunched - Phil Goodacre
Colin, where in the UK are you. Your bumper can most likely be repaired at a fraction of the cost by a SMART repairer. If you either respond on this site or e-mail me at, autorenew@btinternet.com, I'll gladly point you to one of our preferred repairers.
Re: crunched - Stuart B
Colin, you will find more options than Phil's self advertising (check his e mail address by going to the FAQ's page in this site answer no 23.
Re: crunched - Phil Goodacre
Stuart, are you offering assistance (can't see any) or just having a pop? If I were 'self advertising' I would post as per your referred site answer. The fact is that I and my colleagues spent over 15 months researching our repairers and I feel reasonably well qualified to recommend someone to Colin who will be able to help him and deliver a quality job. Either give him the benefit of your knowledge or butt out.
Re: crunched - Stuart B
With respect we are both HJ's guest here, I consider that your helpful answer would have been much better if you had also referred to the information that HJ has already spent much time, effort, research and money putting on the site.

I can see why you thought it was a pop but in fact it was not.
Re: crunched - richard price
I damaged the rear bumper of my boxster. SMART repairer SCUFFS www.scuffs.co.uk based in Exeter (they have other branches) did a very good repair. I have no connection.
Re: crunched - Paul
No such probelsm with a proper car, such as a Volvo 900 series {or indeed the 700s and 200s} but no such 'proper bumpers on the post 95ish stuff!

Paul
metal bumpers. - ladas are cool
my lada has the proper metal bumpers, if another car hits them, then the little springs on the bumpers help, and if any damage occurs, it doesnt matter.