When is the best time to trade in a car?

I'm planning to trade in my Volvo XC60 for a used XC40 from a Volvo dealer.

At the moment, there are only a few available that meet my criteria. In your view, would it be better to wait until the end of August / early September, when more trade-ins should become available with the release of the 73 registration plate?

Asked on 2 August 2023 by smackenzie

Answered by David Ross
If you are struggling to find an XC40 in the specification you are looking for, it does make sense to wait until later in August when there should be an influx of trade-in vehicles. You may wish to consider letting your Volvo dealer know exactly what specification you are looking for so they can notify you if one becomes available.