Hyundai trajet - Accident in one way road - Count Arthur Strong

Just collected my young son from school. I was driving the right way down a narrow one way road when a car came out of a small garage and drove head first into me. Substantial damage to my car which is 12 year old. I have had it from new and only done 48,000 miles. I am a disabled driver and only do school and frequent hospital runs.

Driver blamed me for not seeing him. He said he gestured for me to stop but i didnt even see him. Police gave him a motor ticket for driving wrong way. I went to hospital because of neck, shoulder and back pain. Doctor prescribed strong painkillers. I'm still in a lot of pain.

Police checked he is insured which he is.

Should police have breathalysed him?

Do I have anything to worry about insurance wise or is it an open and shut case because he was driving wrong way on a one way road?

I have full comp insurance and legal cover but I am worried this will come back on me somehow. He was very aggressive and threatening to me and a witness who i don;t know. I have three independent witnesses.

Thank you.

Hyundai trajet - Accident in one way road - Dwight Van Driver

Your 99% home as far as blame is concerned IMHO because Plod gave the other a ticket presumably for traveling wrong way (Careless driving?).

While normally Plod would breath test accident drivers as a matter of principle he does not have to do so. He accessed the situation and the time of day, breath, gait, speech of the other driver left him with the opinion waste of time so did not proceed.all accident.

You now need to liaise with you Insurance Co to make sure you are not out of pocket. I know some will come on and say you go with an accident management company but that is up to you.

dvd

Hyundai trajet - Accident in one way road - skidpan

You have fully comp insurance, that will either repair your car or more likely you will be paid the cars market value since its likely to be an uneconomic repair at that age.

You have Legal Cover who will persue the drives insurance for any excess and other out of npocket expenses you "reasonably" incurr. They will aslo persue any claim for personal injury.

You do not need the help of an accident management company.

The other drive was 100% in the wrong, he has been given a ticket by the Police for driving the wrong way on a one way street. There is no way you can be blamed at all.

Hyundai trajet - Accident in one way road - FP

You have my complete sympathy. I find it appalling that the other guy even thought it was somehow a justification that you should have stopped for him on the basis that he gestured for you to do so, when he had no right of way for at least two reasons: one, he pulled out into the road without due care; and two, he drove the wrong way down an one-way street. What kind of crazy world does he live in? One, presumably, where everything revolves around him and nothing is his responsibility.

Sadly, one has to accept that is sort of behaviour is not uncommon.

Hang on to your witnesses. You should have nothing to worry about. He will find it pretty hard to convince anyone who matters that you were in the wrong.

Hyundai trajet - Accident in one way road - Andrew-T

From your account you should have no worries. The other driver sounds as though he was trying to browbeat you into agreeing some responsibility.

My father-in-law was once in his car, parked, and was reversed into by a lorry. Other driver immediately leapt out shouting 'I never moved !' Just stick to your guns if necessary.

Hyundai trajet - Accident in one way road - gordonbennet

His attitude alone would ensure that i would behave out of character, in that i would claim as much as i could possibly manage from this neanderthal, where if the chap had been human, polite and reasonable, i would try to mitigate all costs as much as possible.