I live in Northern Ireland - after we leave the EU, will my UK insurance be valid if I drive over the border?

I currently live in Northern Ireland and I'm covered by GreenFlag. After we leave the EU, if I drive over the border to Eire, will I technically be in Europe? If you follow this logic, will I be covered by my UK insurance? If I need GreenFlag, can I use them in the south of Ireland?

Asked on 13 April 2018 by Bernie Carey

Answered by Honest John
Yes, but you will find that the contract will be amended and reworded to suit. Currently, there are negotiations ongoing in Parliament for this, and for driving licences. Technically, the EU licence will no longer be valid and, as a result, a lot of complications are going to arise.
Similar questions
I have Mercedes E350 with run flat tyres, if I replace these with ordinary tyres would this affect the insurance or my Mercedes service and breakdown cover?
Just received a renewal from Green Flag, highlighting 3 years no call out discount included, at £89. Checked online as it seemed expensive, slightly cheaper than AA, but beaten by a quote of £58.30 for...
I write to inform your readers of a potential major problem when organising Breakdown cover when taking your own vehicle across to Europe. Earlier this year, I planned a 5-week trip travelling around four...