Love it or loathe it? How do you feel about your car? Let us know and you could win a £300 John Lewis voucher | No thanks
Ask a Question

I'm getting an injection in my hip soon - will I technically be insured to drive afterwards?

I need to have a Cortisone injection in my hip under general anaesthetic at a private hospital soon. I plan to drive there for 7am and leave my car at the private hospital overnight and collect it the following afternoon. I looked at the DVLA website and couldn't see anything connected. Do you know of anything either DVLA or insurance-wise that could be a problem?

Asked on 12 March 2018 by Driver55

Answered by Tim Kelly
Not as far as I am aware, other than you need to be fit to drive. If you are not fit to drive, or the injections could impede your driving, it could be argued technically that you are not insured.They would struggle to argue it though.
Tags: insurance
Similar questions
My car was reversed into in a doctor's car park, but the driver left without leaving their details. A taxi driver who saw it happen has given me the reg number. Is it possible to trace the owner from this?
Who should you contact first following an accident, your insurer or the vehicle manufacturer? I constantly receive messages from the manufacturer saying in the event of an accident to contact them first...
I bumped into a car today, but when myself and the other person inspected the damage it was only a tiny little scratch on the front. We both agreed it was fine and drove off. Could they claim against me...

Ask Honest John

Value my car

Amount to borrow
Sorry. The minimum loan amount is £1000
To pay back over

My credit score

Best available rate 9.20%

Total repayment £9,304.93

Total cost of credit £1,804.93


60 monthly payments

Apply now

Representative example

The Representative APR is 13.2% (fixed) so if you borrow £7,500 over 4 years at a rate of 13.2% p.a (fixed) you will repay £199.21 per month and repay £9562.20 in total.