Love it or loathe it? How do you feel about your car? Let us know and you could win a £300 John Lewis voucher | No thanks

I'm getting an injection in my hip soon - will I technically be insured to drive afterwards?

I need to have a Cortisone injection in my hip under general anaesthetic at a private hospital soon. I plan to drive there for 7am and leave my car at the private hospital overnight and collect it the following afternoon. I looked at the DVLA website and couldn't see anything connected. Do you know of anything either DVLA or insurance-wise that could be a problem?

Asked on 12 March 2018 by Driver55

Not as far as I am aware, other than you need to be fit to drive. If you are not fit to drive, or the injections could impede your driving, it could be argued technically that you are not insured.They would struggle to argue it though.
Tags: insurance