When is a dealer a private seller?

I've seen a used car I like but I'm curious how the law stands with regards to small traders and the Consumer Rights Act? The chap selling the car I like, places adverts online as a trader but is trading from a private residential home. He has no other online presence but currently has 10 cars advertised on Autotrader. If I agree to proceed with him how can I be sure he really is a trader rather than just a private seller so that if anything is wrong with the car I'm protected under the act?

This man is a trader and is governed by all consumer legislation and case law as if he operated from a big shiny showroom: www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights/ Important that he owns rather than rents the house he operated from because then he has assets if a case goes to court and the High Court Sheriffs need to be called in.