Why can't I get more than 30mpg in my new Skoda Karoq?

I have the new Skoda Karoq 1.0 DSG. It's a lovely little car that drives well, even the DSG is amazing. However, I've done around 1200 miles and I can't get above 30mpg. The dealer said it's going to get better after 1000 miles, but I don't see any difference. What do you think the issue is?

Depends how you are using the car. If you aren't getting better than 30mpg on 200 mile runs then something is wrong. If all you use the car for is short runs then, because it's winter, the car will be running on enriched mixture for most of the time and that explains the poor mpg.