Love it or loathe it? How do you feel about your car? Let us know and you could win a £300 John Lewis voucher | No thanks

My car is currently SORN and not working - am I legally allowed to sell it?

My car is currently SORN. It passed the MoT in June 2017 but the exhaust fell off in November. Am I able to sell it on eBay? If so, how can a buyer legally get the car home?

Asked on 12 January 2018 by Alex

Declare everything and you can sell it. But the buyer then has to trailer or flatbed it home, and then has to either insure, MoT and tax it, or put it on his own SORN.