My car is currently SORN and not working - am I legally allowed to sell it?

My car is currently SORN. It passed the MoT in June 2017 but the exhaust fell off in November. Am I able to sell it on eBay? If so, how can a buyer legally get the car home?

Asked on 12 January 2018 by Alex

Answered by Honest John
Declare everything and you can sell it. But the buyer then has to trailer or flatbed it home, and then has to either insure, MoT and tax it, or put it on his own SORN.
Similar questions
I'm selling a car privately, but a couple of the tyres have a slight air leak near the rims and need topping up with air about once week. Do I have to disclose this?
We took my wife's car to Evans Halshaw on 27 December 2017. They appraised the car and made an offer, which we accepted. We completed all the paperwork, and were guided through the process by the salesman....
I've purchased a new car but haven't yet sold the old one. Do I need to keep this insured in the interim while I'm selling it?

Ask Honest John

Value my car