Vehicle owner not main driver - can I do this on my insurance?

I am buying a car for my partner to use as the main driver. I will be paying for insurance, maintenance, VED etc and she would like me to be the legal owner and have my name on the V5. I would be a named driver as I would only drive it 10 times a year. I also own my car. Will it be possible to do this?

Asked on 27 December 2017 by Gary Pearson

Yes, there is no reason why you cannot do this, as long as you can prove to the insurer that you own and use another car, it should not be a problem. Alternatively, stick them on a Multicar policy.
Tags: insurance