My name has been put forward for speeding in a work van - how do I contest this?

I've received a letter of intended prosecution for speeding from my ex-employers. It was a firm with four vans and various drivers, but on the day and time of the speeding I cannot remember if I was driving the actual vehicle. I did drive one certain van 90 per cent of the time, but the one in question is the one I hardly drove. However, my ex-employer has put my name to the police saying it was myself. If that's the case and it was me, that's fine. But how can I go about contesting this?

Asked on 12 November 2017 by Anthony grice

Answered by Honest John
Your ex-employer may have stitched you up. But if your job was driving a van you must have kept records of where you drove and when (a legal requirement). You can use those records to ascertain exactly where you were in what van on the day and at the time in question. if your ex-employer has lied to the police he could be charged with perverting the course of justice.
Similar questions
If I get a fixed penalty abroad, i.e. in Spain for 150 Euros for 68kmh in a 60kmh limit, are the points put on my UK licence? I assume I would need to tell my UK insurer.
When do I have to advise my insurer of my recent fixed penalty conviction of 30mph+ in a 30mph zone (£100 and three points). Immediately, or only at the time of renewal? I wasn't eligible for a driving...
I was driving round a bend on a dual carriageway doing a silly 90mph. I couldn’t pull in as there was a row of traffic and a car behind me. As I turned round the bend, I noticed a mobile police van on...

Value my car

Save £75 on Warranty using code HJ75

with MotorEasy

Get a warranty quote

Save 12% on GAP Insurance

Use HJ21 to save on an ALA policy

See offer