An insurer is showing the wrong vehicle against my registration plate - is this a scam?

I have recently been searching to insure my car. LV showed the wrong vehicle against my registration number and also the wrong year that it was first registered. I've checked via the DVLA site, which shows the correct model and year. LV said their checks are made with DVLA and sometimes the details are wrong. Is this a scam?

Asked on 18 September 2017 by rgw

No scam, but a clerical error on their part. Contact them and raise a complaint. Speak to a manager and don't take no for an answer.