I just bought a faulty new car - am I entitled to a refund if I didn't sign the logbook?

I bought a vehicle and paid in full for it, only to find on the trip home there was a gearbox problem. I then found out that only the seller singed the logbook. I have the vehicle and one half of the logbook in my possession. What are my rights regarding a full refund? I refuse to sign the logbook off now.

If you bought it from a garage or a dealer you are protected by law: www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights/ If you bought the car privately, then all you can do is attempt to sue the vendor for Breach of Contract.