What's the best way to get insurance for my 17-year-old twin daughters?

I plan to add my twin daughters as named drivers to my insurance when they turn 17 at the end of the month. I've asked my current insurers Sainsbury's for a quote. Is there a better way to cover them ?

Asked on 25 July 2017 by Drewson

Answered by Tim Kelly
I would shop around via lots of insurers to see if you can get a better quote, a telematics box in your car would help, but they may struggle to identify who is driving. You have not said whether they have passed their test or not, so I am guessing not. Try www.quotegoat.com/compare-car-insurance-quotes/che.../

They have just popped up on my radar. They have sourced some good underwriters that appear to be giving good quotes for youngsters. Swap the whole policy and using your no claim may bring it the premium down substantially.
The other question is, why do you want them on your insurance? Again from that I am guessing it may well be because you want to teach them. You may find what you pay for insurance for them both may be better spent on lessons.
Similar questions
My grandson, 18 in November, is having driving lessons. Where can I insure him on a car owned by me as a named driver? I assume this is the cheapest method.
Of what benefit is it to add a named driver to your insurance policy?
My niece has just had her 17th birthday. My sister (her mum) tried to get her insurer, RAC, to put my niece on her policy while she's learning to drive. They've been extremely unhelpful, refusing to even...

Value my car