What's the best way to insure a learner driver?

My grandson, 18 in November, is having driving lessons. Where can I insure him on a car owned by me as a named driver? I assume this is the cheapest method.

Asked on 1 September 2017 by Godfrey Sales

Answered by Honest John
First check with your present insurer. It's generally much cheaper to add a young learner to an existing policy than it is to add him once he passes his test and becomes more of an underwriting risk. At that stage, telematics 'black box' insurance that monitors his driving will be cheapest.
Similar questions
I have triplet boys turning 17 in July. What is the best way to get car insurance for them before their driving test and soon after?
My granddaughter, aged 18, has Just passed her driving test and needs to be mobile as her mother is partially disabled. She's been quoted £2500 to be added as a named driver on her mother's car. Is there...
What's the most cost effective way to insure a learner driver when the parents already have insurance?

Value my car