Will my void insurance policy carry over to my new insurer?

I misunderstood that when getting learner insurance I needed to declare a motorbike crash. Now my insurance is void. Does this void insurance follow over to new the insurance company or is it just for the company it was void with?

Asked on 28 June 2017 by Alice Flory

It technically follows over to the new insurer, ring a broker or direct insurer and explain the situation when you try again. Always tell the insurer absolutely everything even if you are not sure. Was the policy voided in the cooling off period? If so, it then may be seen to have never existed as a policy.