Is there any cheaper option to insure my two teenage children on my car?

I have an 18 year old daughter 18 and 17 year old so, both with provisional licenses. I want to put them on the insurance policy so that they can learn to drive the family car (a diesel Vauxhall Zafira 1.6). However, this increases the cost by £680 for the remaining nine months of the policy. The premium for my wife and I is £320, including breakdown and all extras. Is there any more economical means of insuring the car to enable teenagers to learn to drive?

The short answer is no. You would be better served putting that money into driving lessons for them. The quote given is actually not bad for Insuring two unqualified drivers that carry significant risk.