Can I legal action be taken against a dealer who registered a new car to someone else first?

A friend bought a car eight weeks ago from a broker who was introduced through autoeBid. Both promised in writing that the car would be first registered to my friend. We chased the DVLA when the V5C didn't arrive and they notified us that the car had been registered, but not to my friend. They won't say who it was registered to and now the broker is being evasive. What legal action should my friend take?

Asked on 9 March 2017 by David Ashmore

The scallywag broker has registered it to a "fleet" to get a fleet discount. But you have not got what you paid for in the form of a new car registered to you, so can reject it to the broker for that reason and demand your money back in full: www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights/