What used car could I get that's spacious, cheap to run and reliable?

I need to upgrade my car for something bigger as my wife is heavily pregnant with our second child. I want a used car and can spend £8000 - £10,000. It needs to be reliable, relatively low cost to run and big enough without being massive. I'm confused for choice, do you have any suggestions?

Asked on 1 March 2017 by Tom G

Cheap, your best bet is an original shape Ford C-Max 1.8 petrol with a handbrake rather than electromechanical parking brake. It's very spacious in the front, very easy to load kids and childseats into the rear, lots of room for pushchairs in the back, avoids diesel problems: www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/ford/c-max-2003/