What small, economic, reliable car do you recommend for £6000?
I'm wanting to buy a small, economic car for my 19 year old daughter to travel between university and our home. I really don't want to pay more than £6000, however, want a safe reliable car that will also take tall family members. I've looked at the Skoda Citigo 1.0 MPI and Hyundai i10 1.0 SE. What do you suggest?

Asked on 24 May 2017 by annabel hinchcliffe

You can still buy a new Dacia Sandero 1.0 for £6000, but no radio, no spare wheel and wind-up windows. It actually has the same engine as a Smart and a Renault Twingo. The Up, Citigo and Mii have not been as reliable as the i10 and Picanto and, of those two, a secondhand i10 1.0 is better to drive. The new Picanto is brilliant, but from £10,000.

Real MPG enables you to register the fuel economy you are actually getting against your make and model of car, its engine and type of transmission. Every time you enter an average consumption figure against your car, the overall average automatically adjusts to reflect it.
Stylish and good quality interior. Roomier and more mature than its predecessor. Very refined for a small car. Handles well and good to drive.
Fun to drive in town. Easy to park and manoeuvre. Tight turning circle. Spacious inside. Cheap sunroof option.
Huge improvement over previous Fortwo. Available with a manual gearbox as standard. All-new twin-clutch automatic. Cheap to run. Tiny turning circle.
All-new, on a longer wheelbase with new suspension and steering that provide an outstanding combination of ride, handling and sheer fun.
Funky little city car. Cheap to run with low CO2. Lively and fun to drive. Large enough for four adults.
SEAT version of Volkswagen Up. Powered by low emission 1.0-litre engine. Ecomotive emits below 100g/km CO2. Easy and fun to drive. Good value for money.
Small car based on Volkswagen Up. Ideal for town. Economical and cheap to run. Fun to drive. Lower prices than Up and SEAT Mii.
Excellent value for money especially compared to Clio with the same engines. 1.5 dCi and 0.9 TCe available.

£155.08

;