What small, economic, reliable car do you recommend for £6000?

I'm wanting to buy a small, economic car for my 19 year old daughter to travel between university and our home. I really don't want to pay more than £6000, however, want a safe reliable car that will also take tall family members. I've looked at the Skoda Citigo 1.0 MPI and Hyundai i10 1.0 SE. What do you suggest?

You can still buy a new Dacia Sandero 1.0 for £6000, but no radio, no spare wheel and wind-up windows. It actually has the same engine as a Smart and a Renault Twingo. The Up, Citigo and Mii have not been as reliable as the i10 and Picanto and, of those two, a secondhand i10 1.0 is better to drive. The new Picanto is brilliant, but from £10,000.