How can I claim back my impounded car that has no road tax or MoT?

I have insurance but received no notification regarding my MoT and road tax. I was stopped by the police who told me that i did not have tax nor MOT so my car was impounded. How can i claim it back?

Asked on 6 January 2017 by Prosper Lincoln

Answered by Honest John
Make an appointment for the car to be MoT tested. Pay the penalty and impound costs. Take it to be MoT'd. Once it has been you can than tax it either online or via a Post Office.
Similar questions
My daughter in law has started receiving toll charge penalty notices from the Dartford Tunnel when she has not been there. We have appealed the fines, but they want a crime number. The police told us by...
I was issued a CCJ for non payment of a parking fine for a car which I've never owned. I told the company about this on several occasions and gave them proof from the DVLA. I have since been to court and...
I drive a van owned by a company which back in June was caught speeding. I'm not the only member of staff who uses this van but the NIP was sent to the registered keeper who then nominated myself as the...


Value my car