A company issued me a CCJ over an unpaid fine for a car I never owned - can I sue?

I was issued a CCJ for non payment of a parking fine for a car which I've never owned. I told the company about this on several occasions and gave them proof from the DVLA. I have since been to court and had the CCJ lifted but can I now sue the parking company for all the inconvenience caused including being refused a mortgage and loans, home insurance premium higher, etc because of the CCJ?

Asked on 15 February 2017 by douglas pooe

Answered by Honest John
It would be an interesting case. You would need to realistically and "reasonably" quantify the total damage you have suffered, then take it to Small Claims: www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/overview/
Similar questions
I've received a letter from a collection company saying I didn't attend court in a different county regarding a car I've never owned. They sent letters to my old address so I wasn't aware of this. I called...
I drive a van owned by a company which back in June was caught speeding. I'm not the only member of staff who uses this van but the NIP was sent to the registered keeper who then nominated myself as the...
I have insurance but received no notification regarding my MoT and road tax. I was stopped by the police who told me that i did not have tax nor MOT so my car was impounded. How can i claim it back?

Value my car