A company issued me a CCJ over an unpaid fine for a car I never owned - can I sue?

I was issued a CCJ for non payment of a parking fine for a car which I've never owned. I told the company about this on several occasions and gave them proof from the DVLA. I have since been to court and had the CCJ lifted but can I now sue the parking company for all the inconvenience caused including being refused a mortgage and loans, home insurance premium higher, etc because of the CCJ?

Asked on 15 February 2017 by douglas pooe

It would be an interesting case. You would need to realistically and "reasonably" quantify the total damage you have suffered, then take it to Small Claims: www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/overview/