What's a suitable reliable upgrade from a Honda Accord?

I've owned a 2005 diesel Honda Accord Tourer since new. I'm thinking of upgrading it to a more recent 2010 model Accord Tourer. I'm concerned that this has a DPF on it and with reliability & running costs in mind, would value you opinion as to whether this is a viable option or should I opt for a petrol model . I'm now only covering around 14,000 miles per year.

Asked on 9 August 2016 by Tim Hodson

Only three reports of DPF problems on the Accord 2.2 i-DTEC. A friend has a CR-V auto with this engine that has done more than 100k miles with no trouble. Eventually the DPF will fill with ash, but that can be cleaned out for about £350 by the Ceramex process. Or, as you suggest, go for the petrol, but both the 2.0i and 2.4i feel a bit flat to drive.