What's the correct tyre pressures for the Hyundai Tucson?

I own a 2007 Hyundai Tucson. The recommended PSI is 30, but it looks very under inflated and doesn't feel right when driving. Should I raise the PSI?. The tyre size is 235/60 R 16 100

Asked on 29 May 2016 by sammyhunter1979

60 is quite deep profile and on an SUV the deeper the profile the less steering and road feel you will get. Unless you will be dong a lot of off roading, 55 profile seems to be the optimum for SUVs.

Tyre pressure rise as you drive by as much as 4PSI once the tyres are fully up to temperature, so bear that in mind while you are experimenting. Softer tyres help, but Michelin doesn't yet do Cross Climates in 235/60 R16.