Water ingress in front passenger footwell

I am experiencing water ingress into the passenger front footwell of my 2013 SEAT Leon. I only noticed it when cleaning the carpet after our holiday as the carpet is covered by a floor mat as well, so I can't say if the fault has been there since I purchased it.

I have had the windscreen replaced before I noticed the water, which the garage said was probably the problem, but I have had that checked for leaks by the windscreen suppler.

It has been back to the garage under warranty three times and is due to go back for a forth time shortly. Each time they can't find the source of the water leak and I didn't know if you have had any previous issues with this type of car that I could suggest to the garage when it goes in. Seems to come after heavy rain.

Asked on 25 January 2016 by NWB

Of course it could be the screen. Even a very slight leak will result in quite a lot of water under the carpet. But I had a Leon 20VT once, put it in for a service and soon after I got a soaking wet passenger's footwell. It turned out that when they replaced the pollen filter it is a very fiddly job and the mechanic had obviously given up and not done it properly. Result was rainwater pouring straight through the pollen filter into the car. I had to fix it myself.