Which large used cars have low insurance and depreciation?

I expect to be working in the UK for about a year and want to buy a used executive saloon while there, then resell before leaving. What models combine lower than average insurance and depreciation? I'm thinking between 3 and 8 years old, ideally a still current model.

Unless you buy spectacularly cheaply (which, given the competition, is impossible) and sell high (which is unlikely), you will inevitably lose a bundle on anything. Better to stick to something mainstream like a Mercedes E 220 CDI that hasn't been a private hire car so you can eventually sell it to a taxi driver.