Does the Peugeot 3008 hybrid concept really work?

I'm looking for a new SUV and am attracted to something environmentally friendly. I'm finding it difficult to ignore the Peugeot 3008 diesel hybrid. Is the FWD diesel, RWD electric and 4WD combined concept as good as claimed? How far can one expect to travel at 30-35 mph around town using electric power only? Also, at £10,000 more than the base 3008 model, do you consider the hybrid to be overpriced?

We really don't yet know how long the HYbrid4 systems are likely to last. What we do know is that the simplified, low-stress hybrid drivetrains of Toyotas are clocking up 400,000 miles plus in the hands of taxi drivers with no trouble. You can expect emissions-free electric drive up to 44mph for three or four miles, depending on how much you have stored in the high-power battery.