How to cover a 10 day gap in insurance?

I am going to give my car to my daughter but her insurance renews 10 days after mine and I don't want to renew mine for those 10 days and then cancel (expensive) or lose a year of her NCB by taking out insurance for her 10 days early.

Asked on 30 December 2012 by Frank I, Cardiff

Answered by Honest John
She should talk to her insurer about renewing 10 days early. Losing 10 days will be cheaper than temporary insurance. The car has to remain continuously insured.
Tags: insurance
Similar questions
Will insurance companies pay out if I have an accident while driving with no MoT during this extension period? Are the police going to check vehicles to see if they're roadworthy?
If I use my car, which is insured for "Social Domestic & Pleasure" use, to deliver food parcels on a voluntary basis (no payment or expenses sought), is my insurance still valid?
My cars MoT is due in April with the tax due 1 May. If the country is on lockdown, what will be the situation regarding tax, MoT and insurance?

Ask Honest John

Value my car