Insurance and courtesy cars

I was involved in an accident shortly before my insurance runs out. My current insurance has told me when my insurance runs out the courtesy car will be taken away unless my new insurance covers it. I have to pay an excess with my first insurance. Which insurer - previous or new - is responsible for covering the cost of the courtesy car?

Asked on 29 December 2012 by stephen54

Answered by Honest John
If provision of a bodyshop courtesy car was part off your insurance contract then this normally has to continue to be provided until your car is fixed (if it is not written off). Check the terms and conditions of your policy. It is nothing to do with your new insurer.
Similar questions
I was involved in a car accident last year and the other party admitted liability. His insurance company rang and confirmed liability both to me and my insurers. My insurance duly paid for all the repairs...
I had a car accident over five years ago, the driver was convicted of dangerous driving. I had just bought the car and it was written off five minutes after leaving the garage. The garage had let me drive...
My beloved 10 year old Ford Galaxy has been 'written off' by my insurance company as an uneconomical repair following a non-fault accident. Basically my car was driven into whilst parked and unattended...

Value my car