Can my insurance company charge me for not disclosing an old speeding conviction?

In June I took out a van insurance policy with e.van.co.uk . On its website it asked for details of convictions etc. I have an SP30 dated 2-12-06 and according to the DVLA website it expired after four years on the 2-12-10 so I didn't declare it and was given the insurance. In July, e-van wrote me a letter stating that I hadn't declared the SP30 and consequently this generated an additional £35 inclusive of admin fee. Can they charge me for an expired SP30?

Yes, because you did not disclose it according to their terms. Actually £35 is very fair anyway.