Should I get a BMW extended warranty?

I have a three year BMW 2 Series Active Tourer with14,500 mile on the clock. It's been serviced by BMW and will continue to be. With such a low mileage do you think I need to extend my warranty at a cost of £633 a year without excess and £320 with a £250 excess? I will be changing the car in about two years when I guess I will have done 25,000-30,000 miles.

Asked on 16 January 2022 by Hedley Smith

Answered by Sarah Tooze
It depends what is included in the extended warranty. It would be worth comparing it with warranties from independent providers. If you decide not to take out a warranty you may be lucky and nothing will go wrong but you may not be and run the risk of expensive repair bills.

You can find more advice on warranties here: www.honestjohn.co.uk/cheap-car-warranties
Tags: warranty